- TES Level 1B data files contain radiometric calibrated spectral radiances and their corresponding noise equivalent spectral radiances (NESR). The geolocation, quality and some engineering data are also provided.
- A Level 1B data file contains data from a single TES orbit for one focal plane. Note that a TES orbit starts at the South Pole Apex.
- A Level 1B granule contains four files for a single orbit, one file for each of the four focal planes. Note that a granule is the orderable quantity of data.
The table below illustrates the TES Level 1B file naming conventions.
ESDT Short Name File Name Product TL1BN TES-Aura_L1B-Nadir_FPfp_rrun id-oorbit number_version id.h5 Standard TL1BSOL TES-Aura_L1B-SO-Low_FPfp_rrun id-oorbit number_version id.h5 Special Observation/Low Resolution TL1BSOH TES-Aura_L1B-SO-High_FPfp_rrun id-oorbit number_version id.h5 Special Observation/High Resolution
- fp represents the two-character focal plane identifier: 1A, 1B, 2A or 2B
- run id represents the ten-digit run identification number.
- orbit number represents the starting five-digit Absolute Orbit number, which is the same as the Aura orbit number at the time of the South Pole apex crossing.
version id represents the version identification number, which is used to keep track of file format and file content changes.
For more information about file version identification, see the TES Data Products Specification document.
- .h5 extension denotes the use of HDF5 file format.