CERES S-NPP Product Announcement
April 5, 2022, 1:19 p.m.
The Radiation Budget Science Project (RBSP)/CERES science team announces the release of the CERES Suomi-NPP (S-NPP) Edition 2 data product suite. This release includes Level-1B through Level-3 data products for the CERES FM5 instrument. This edition follows the 2018 release of Edition 1.
Edition 2 S-NPP products include:
- Level-1B Bidirectional Scans (BDS) – CER_BDS_NPP-FM5_Edition2
- Level-2 Single Scanner Footprint (SSF) – CER_SSF_NPP-FM5-VIIRS_Edition2A
- Level-3 ToA Fluxes, Clouds, and Aerosols:
- Regionally-averaged, Hourly (SSF1deg-Hour) – CER_SSF1deg-Hour_NPP-VIIRS_Edition2A
- Daily (SSF1deg-Day) – CER_SSF1deg-Day_NPP-VIIRS_Edition2A
- Monthly (SSF1deg-Month) – CER_SSF1deg-Month_NPP-VIIRS_Edition2A
- ERBE-like products ES4, ES8, and ES9
These products are available from January 2012 to January 2022, with forward processing continuing as more data become available.
Information about this new data product, including data availability, user documentation, quality statements, relevant links, tools for working with the data, etc. can be found at the following Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC) link:
and at the CERES website:
For questions regarding data usage, please ask us on the Earthdata Forum
Related URLS: https://asdc.larc.nasa.gov/project/CERES